To diet or not to diet.

Monday, September 28, 2009 at 7:42 AM

heh heh.. wrote this aaaaages (a year and a half) ago, and realised its still pretty relevant :p


to diet or not to diet…. That is the crucial question for all of us with slightly portly figures.(..only slightly portly, mind you!! ) True, working out is a more effective way of shedding those extra pounds, but some ppl (e.g., yours truly) are too lazy for anything more strenuous than a walk to the canteen and back :p :):). So, the only alternative left is the array of supposedly effective diets. After much thought and consideration.. as well as a week of binging and constant snacking, my mum and I finally decided to give the “GM diet” a shot.

For all those not in the know, GM stands for “General Motors”. The diet was initially developed for GM employees, but its reputation has now spread world-wide. The diet is for 7 days, and the gist of it is as follows:

Day 1- only fruits

Day 2-only vegetables (does NOT include crispy fried potatoes!)

Day 3- fruits and veggies

Day 4- bananas and milk!!

Day 5- 1 cup rice + 6 tomatoes!

Day 6- 1 cup rice+veggies

Day 7-1 cup rice+veggies+fruit juice

Bizarre isn’t it??!! I almost gave up when I saw day 4’s menu… but I happened to glance at myself in the mirror, and that strengthened my resolve! We decided to start on a lazy Sunday, and sent my dad to go stock up on fruits on sat night. He went reluctantly, mumbling something bout “these batty women..!!! “. ( btw, confession- the only fruits I ever eat are apples! )… so Sunday morning.. ½ an apple for breakfast, before rushin off somewhere. I come back home at lunchtime to find a satiated mother, having eaten a papaya, a chikku, and a custard apple!! …lol.. for lunch, I had.. big surprise.. an apple.. now getting thoroughly fed up of the fruit, I somehow choked it down thinking about all the clothes I could fit into in a week!!... the rest of the afternoon was spent staring wistfully at a bottle of pickle, while my mum darted longing looks at my dad wolfing down biryani!! .. finally at 5, we said enough is enough, and ate haldiram’s ‘khatta meeta’ and biryani to our hearts’ contents.. assuaging our conscience, saying that after all, 1st day etc etc…

The next day was a lot better…. A stick of carrot for breakfast, salad for lunch, and baked potato for dinner.. we felt much better ( though a tad empty in our middles).and then, day 3- baked potatoes for lunch… which became very soggy potatoes by the time I ate them :(:( meanwhile, my mum was sending me grinny msgs bout how she went out and had a proper “shaapaad”, complete with 2 bowls of paayasam!! Sigh. So, by the time I got back, I was super hungry, and madder than a nest of hornets!!..., so, I broke the diet again- 1 bowl of strawberry muesli!!.. yummy!! :):):)…. And then, we realised, day 4 was bananas an milk, and there weren’t any bananas at home… my mum , thinking day 4 was supposed to be tomatoes and rice, happily made lip-smacking tomato rice, swimming in ghee!!… so, we dint have too much of a choice.. to hell with the diet!!... I’m perfectly happy with my size… so what if I can never wear size ‘xs’…. At least I can eat what I want, whenever I want… I’m fed up of rabbit food… seriously, I’ll probly die if I have only bananas and milk for an entire day… for all those who’ve actually completed this diet…. Kudos!!.. you must have amazing self control!!...as for me, all I want is the simple things in life… like a good meal… and a full stomach… and chocolates!! :) …. Ok.. I gottago… my strawberry and chocolate milkshake beckons!! … :) :) :)

0 comments

Post a Comment

Random thoughts | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com