Memories

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 6:28 AM

Little wisps are they, darting across my brain,

Blurry images recalled with flashes of joy, grief and pain.

Its funny the way they work, without reason or rhyme

Some staying sharp, others slipping away with the sands of time.

With blank stares, indistinctive replies I mumble,

To recent acquaintances, while for their names I fumble.

But in great detail I’ll remember to the very end,

The sparkly-eyed grin of a kindergarten friend.

My need for detailed verbal maps, get plenty of nerves frayed,

When in this city, for nearly twenty years I have stayed.

But, I know like the back of my own hand,

Twisty little lanes, shortcuts and secret nooks of golden sand.

Newton-Raphson’s method, formulae, the definition of an applet,

Learnt an hour ago, in I flash will I forget.

Lullabies, silly songs out of my mum’s imagination,

And every nursery rhyme, I still sing with each inflection.

Childish pranks, giggle sessions, fights of the silly kind,

Are etched in permanent ink- crystal clear in my mind.

Rum things are memories, very rum indeed,

They make you smile, they make your heart bleed.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Random thoughts | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com