Weary am i...

Sunday, July 12, 2009 at 7:32 AM

I look down at the hands folded across my lap,

Once smooth and firm, fettered by age’s fatal trap.

This house-like me, has known happier days,

Now my sole companion, beside my mottled medicine case.

My branches and buds, across the world are spread,

But on occasions like today, they convene round my bed.

Around they crowd- family spanning four generations,

With laden hands, hearts brimming with love and patience.

Joy is unbounded as they gossip, laugh and play

In the midst of it all, I’m far far away.


With many hugs, copious tears and a heavy heart,

I watch as one by one, they inevitably depart.

Their echoes fade away into a silence so deep

As I seek momentary refuge in a drugged sleep.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Random thoughts | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com